[Talk-GB] Bristol - a quick (and surprising?) statistic...

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 8 14:01:18 BST 2010

On 03/01/2006 00:37, Dave F. wrote:
>   On 07/08/2010 19:34, Richard Moss wrote:
>>
>> I take data from OS as evidence that there is a name for a road/track etc.
>>
>> I'm happy with that where I know a road exists, and I have added names
>> to the farm tracks around the village.  But putting roads on OSM
>> without actually verifying that they exists, that's another debate :)
>
> Personally I'd take OS as evidence of the existence of a road as well.
> Obviously it would be good to have travelled it as OSL isn't the most
> accurate for location & direction, but at least we know it's there.
>
> It was concluded in a previous discussion that OS didn't put 'easter
> eggs' into their data.
>
> Do you have any examples of roads not being on the ground?

A 'road' of some sort yes. But the OS Streetview maps sometimes aren't
clear whether its an unclassified road, a residential road, a driveway
or farm track or a path etc. Plus a few roads which are still under
construction.

Anyway, isn't this thread is about names from OS Locator, not names from
OS Streetview.

PS: your clock is rather wrong.