[Talk-GB] Power Lines

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:36:44 BST 2010

This time to the list too...

I know what you mean, but there are quite a few woods around there that I
would like to add, because they are handy navigational aids - they are
difficult to survey properly, and tracing off landsat is so difficult with
my eyes!

Having shapefiles with the geometry already defined seems worth using, but I
was only thinking of using it for areas where I have a pretty good idea what
is there.

I didn't want to get too far though in case someone else is already starting
to do something more 'bulk' like the power lines that just appeared
suddenly.

Graham.

On 9 August 2010 21:25, Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> wrote:

> On 9 August 2010 20:06, Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I see that someone has been busy importing Power Lines from OS OpenData
> in
> > my part of the world.
> > I wondered how it was done, and if they were thinking of doing woodlands
> > too, because we have lots of woods missing and it would be good to get
> them
> > added too - is anyone working on that?
> > Graham.
>
> Strange you should mention it 'cos I was cycling past some woodland on
> Saturday and noticed someone had planted hundreds of new trees in an
> area where previously there were none.
>
> Does this new planting count as woodland yet, or is it only
> sapling-land or something for the time being? :-)
>
> Anyways, my point is I suppose that OS is probably already out of date
> so personally I wouldn't be keen on a wholesale import.
>
> That's my 2p.
>
> Jim

Dr. Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK