[Talk-GB] apostrophe's WAS "The last 2%"

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 14:10:44 BST 2010

Hi,
As stated by Ed
"I added not:name tags where I resurveyed to confirm whether the OS or OSM was correct and it was OSM. If it were OS then I corrected OSM based on my survey. So yes, not:name tags are added to reduce the percentage value, but also to save other mappers resurveying the same possible anomalies."
This is what I have been doing.
I need the anomalies to show up on the ITO tiles but I would like them highlighted in some way - like a dashed line to show that they are anomalies so I don't come back in two weeks time to recheck it because I have forgotten or to warn other folk not to just over write with the OS name.
After going over some of the roads in Edinburgh I have found different people using tag combinations like
not = %%%%%%%name:not = %%%%%%
as well as not:name= %%%%
I have changed the ones that I have found to not:name
Eventually, what should be left on the tiles in Edinburgh is nothing but the anomalies.
I would like the analysis to take out the roads that not:name. The reason is that if proves to me that I know that the road has been surveyed. What's left is a number say 10. These 10 probably do not have a name or they would show up on the ITO tiles. Therefore they are unclassified roads or maybe service roads, They could be roads further in the country or maybe extensions to a cul-de-sac. These are very difficult to find, I could spend hours and hours looking over the map trying to track these down. However if I know they exist then I can look into other methods to find them
Cheers
Bob