[Talk-GB] Address list

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Dec 3 12:22:47 GMT 2010

On 03/12/10 12:11, Chris Hill wrote:

> A new national Address list is to be created for England & Wales.
>
> http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/newsroom/1786564
>
> I suggest we lobby the Minister (Eric Pickles) and the Office of Fair
> Trading to get the list released under the Government's new Open Data
> licence. Maybe Sir Tim B-L would help.

Presumably you missed the bit where it says it will only be free for
government use and it will be sold to commercial users...

Feel free to try and change their mind but I suspect it's very unlikely
because much of the data will doubtless be coming from existing sources
like the PAF and the NLPG and they won't want to see their income
streams disappear so will lobby hard against you.

Certainly it's absolutely nothing to do with the OFT as far as I know.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/