[Talk-GB] Running an OSM DB

Mike osm-talk-uk at norgie.net
Fri Dec 31 14:18:23 GMT 2010

Folks,

I've setup a Postgres server and imported an OSM planet file using the
plentyful guides available on the Interweb.

What I've been less successful at finding is a guide to keeping the
aforementioned database up to date.  I'm aware of the daily, hourly and
minutely .osc files but I'm not 100% sure how to import these into the
DB.  I can find plently of examples for using Osmonsis to import a planet
file and indeed for using it to create many and varying diffs and the
like but nothing identifying how one should apply a .osc file to a DB.

Please could someone confirm that Osmosis is the correct way to go about
this and that I'm not barking up the wrong tree and secondly what the
correct syntax is for applying an osc file to a database?

Regards,
Mike.