[Talk-GB] Two dozen mapping parties

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Feb 17 15:40:50 GMT 2010

On 17 Feb 2010, at 14:06, Someoneelse wrote:

> Andy Allan wrote:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Mapping_Priorities
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Mapping_Secondary_Priorities
>
> That's really "UK Urban Mapping Priorities" though, isn't it?
> Personally I'd rather know which rural pubs were still open* around
> the
> towns concerned than the full map of all of the backstreets.
>
> I suspect that the problem is that the places on this list tend not to
> be places that you'd actively choose to visit in summer.  I live not
> far
> from Mansfield, so taking that as an example (to avoid being
> disrespectful to anyone else's home town!), it isn't somewhere that
> you'd normally go to unless you absolutely had to.

Lowestoft is by the sea and on the end of the East Suffolk Line and
needs mapping; lots of nice countryside around. ITO would be happy to
sponsor pizzas and beer for that one (or whatever)! There are some
other smaller towns in Suffolk which are both pretty and need a bit of
TLC. I will take a look for some more in the area

Regards,

Peter Miller
ITO World Ltd