[Talk-GB] Looking for places to map?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:13:57 GMT 2010

Peter Reed
>Sent: 24 February 2010 1:17 AM
>To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Looking for places to map?
>
>Steve,
>
>It needn't be parishes. For population data it looks as though I can get
>down to ward level with up-to-date numbers from ONS.
>http://www.statistics.gov.uk/statbase/Product.asp?vlnk=13893

Well, that would be fine if we had ward data, which we don't, since the only
place you will find them tied to current OS mapping. Maybe in a few months
that will change and the problem will go away, hopefully that's the case.
Certainly in the future it makes sense in my view to be using the ward
boundaries since so much other comparative data is available on ward basis,
not just from ONS. Maybe perhaps wait a few months to see what comes out of
the OS free-up before relooking at this whole issue. We have enough places
(not) on the map needing focus for this year anyway.

Cheers

Andy