[Talk-GB] More OS o-o-c sheets released

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Sat Jan 2 16:57:07 GMT 2010

I am pleased to say that another batch of OS 7th Series sheets that are now out of copyright have been scanned and released.
There are now a total of 36 sheets available, which is over a third of the coverage of Scotland.
Thanks to the anonymous person who funded the hi-res bureau scanning, and to the folks who rectified the sheets - Philip Stubbs, Andy Robinson, Tim Sheerman-Chase and Ollie O'Brien - and to Tim for tiling/uploading the results.
Details are at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/7th_Series
and
http://steve8.dev.openstreetmap.org/os7.htm

They are available as layers for detail extraction in both Potlatch and JOSM (details in first link above).

I am off to map the abundant water features on the Isle of Lewis.
http://timsc.dev.openstreetmap.org/openlayers/os7/?zoom=12&lat=58.1131&lon=-6.81305&layers=B00
Happy mapping!

Cheers
STEVE