[Talk-GB] More OS o-o-c sheets released

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 3 09:31:17 GMT 2010

Great to see some fine mapping from Scotland available.

And to also follow up with a status on the 1:25,000 two and a half inches to
the mile out of copyright mapping. Currently I have scanned and uploaded 181
of the 2027 sheets in the series. Yesterday I uploaded most of what I
currently have available for the southwest:

http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=8&lat=50.88225&lon=-3.61335&layers=00B0

I have approximately 120 still to scan, rectify, tile and upload as well as
a further 60 ish that will be out of copyright in a years time. More come in
each week. The majority of those I can upload now are in Wales. There are
also some in the north (Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Lakes) and in the
southeast to the west and south of London.

I've had some grateful donations of maps, as well as a few who have loaned
their own collections for scanning. This is great and we could do with more,
so if you have any of these blue cover maps lurking and can live without
them for a few days or indefinitely then drop me a line.

More on this series and how to use them at:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Provisional/First_Edition

Cheers

Andy