[Talk-GB] Kent County Council Highways Gazetteer

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sun Jan 3 11:50:06 GMT 2010

Colin Smale wrote:

> Would it be OK to derive tagging in this way? Should we get explicit
> permission from KCC first? Anyone got any experience with this, or
> example emails for this kind of request?

I'd certainly ask permission first.  The document will be copyright even
if it doesn't bear a copyright statement, so you need written permission
to use it - an email is fine.  You can then post a copy of their email
into the Wiki.

I have sent emails to my local council using their general contact
address from their web site and got fairly quick, useful answers from
the right person.  It is a good opportunity to spread the message about
OSM, don't forget to send a link to the Kent area of the map.

Cheers, Chris