[Talk-GB] 200,060

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Jan 3 14:59:57 GMT 2010

Bob Kerr wrote:
> We are now over the 200,000 mark
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/stats/data_stats.html
>
> happy new year
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob

A couple of questions:

You posted to talk-GB but I assume this is world wide stats, yes?

200,000 sounds good but how many of these are active users?
Disappointingly many users in my vicinity sign up, log on, add a couple
of POI's (often in the incorrect place) & the never return.

Is there a way to discern which of the prolific editors of script bots &
which are manual?

I notice the 'Number of users editing over the past...' section but the
data says GPX files & not number of users.
Is there a way to find the number of consistent editors say over the
past month or so?
This would give a clearer understanding of who's using OSM.

Cheers
Dave F.