[Talk-GB] OS Free

Brian Prangle bprangle at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:27:43 GMT 2010

The OS disccussion paper was published on 23 December and it proposes a wide
ranging business and organisational change to the OS. In its section
reviewing the market changes and pressure the OS are under it fails to
mention OSM. Is this something we should address? There are 14 specific
questions it is asking for responses on, including one on  the range of
products suggested for OSFree:

OS Street View ® (a 1:10 000 scale raster product)
1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster
1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster
1:50 000 Scale Gazetteer
1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster• MiniScale® (a 1:1 000 000 scale raster
product)
Code-Point®
Boundary-Line™
Meridian™ 2
Strategi®.

Are we going to make individual repsonses or is OSM-F going to do an
"official" one? Either way it would be good to kick off the debate here. I
think the final date for responses is 17th March

With this mass of data being released will we in the UK be become script
authors concerned with data imports with less relevance (or desire) to do
ground surveys?

Regards

Brian