[Talk-GB] More OS o-o-c sheets released

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:55:26 GMT 2010

Dave F. [mailto:davefox at madasafish.com] wrote:
>Sent: 07 January 2010 4:35 PM
>To: Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
>Cc: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] More OS o-o-c sheets released
>
>Andy
>
>This is fantastic. With your West country uploads I can now obsessively
>map the individual historic buildings of my city.
>
>Any recommendations on what to use in the source tag? 1st Ed 1:25 maybe?

If you are using Potlatch you can use Ctrl B I think to add an OS 1:25
source tag. In JOSM I'd make it clearer that's it OOC. So perhaps "OOC OS
1_25k" which also gets rid of the colon which might be confused with a
namespace separator to some in the XML

All the sheets I current have available for Devon and Cornwall are now
uploaded. I have a couple more for Somerset which will appear soon.

Cheers

Andy

>Cheers
>Dave F.
>

>Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
>> Great to see some fine mapping from Scotland available.
>>
>> And to also follow up with a status on the 1:25,000 two and a half inches
>> the mile out of copyright mapping. Currently I have scanned and uploaded
>181
>> of the 2027 sheets in the series. Yesterday I uploaded most of what I
>> currently have available for the southwest:
>>
>> http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=8&lat=50.88225&lon=-
>3.61335&layers=00B0
>>
>> I have approximately 120 still to scan, rectify, tile and upload as well
>as
>> a further 60 ish that will be out of copyright in a years time. More come
>in
>> each week. The majority of those I can upload now are in Wales. There are
>> also some in the north (Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Lakes) and in the
>> southeast to the west and south of London.
>>
>> I've had some grateful donations of maps, as well as a few who have
>loaned
>> their own collections for scanning. This is great and we could do with
>more,
>> so if you have any of these blue cover maps lurking and can live without
>> them for a few days or indefinitely then drop me a line.
>>
>> More on this series and how to use them at:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Provisional/First_Edition
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy

>>> and