[Talk-GB] OSM coverage by local authority

wynndale at lavabit.com wynndale at lavabit.com
Sun Jan 10 14:29:35 GMT 2010

> A few months ago I compared the length of roads on the OSM database
> against
> the figures quoted by the Department for transport, and posted the results
> here.
>

> The DfT data can be found here -
> http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/statistics/datatablespublications/roadstraffic/roa
> dlengths/

There are tables of road lengths on the website of the Department for
Regional Development in Northern Ireland
[http://www.drdni.gov.uk/index/statistics/stats-catagories/ni_transport_statistics.htm]
(pdf, look for road lengths by local government district). I could see
nothing on the Isle of Man or Channel Islands websites and the only report
in Ireland is for the National Route network
[http://www.nra.ie/Publications/GeneralPublications/#d.en.3464] (pdf);
maybe someone with time or contacts could trace these figures.

--
Andrew