[Talk-GB] Capturing hedgerows

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 13:39:51 GMT 2010

As Dave has pointed out, the 1:25k maps are 'out-of-date'. A superb resource
but I think for many uses you best printing off an area then going out for a
walk to check changes.

Using a map comparison tool I was quickly able to find a hedge that has
since been removed
http://sautter.com/map/?zoom=17&lat=50.47571&lon=-4.19321&layers=00B000TFFFFF
And it no longer appears on up-to-date OS 1:25k maps available on
multimap.com
(there is also a missing hedge to the south)

But its still a superb effort. Well done!

I strongly disagree Dave.F's view that " labeling any wood in the UK as
natural is incorrect", but agree with him that needs to be dealt with in
another thread

Cheers
jason