[Talk-GB] Gritting Routes

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:20:45 GMT 2010

The West Mids folks have been busy over the last few days adding all the
Birmingham gritting routes to OSM. We'll be adding the other areas of the
west mids as we get them as well as the location of all the grit bins.

You can see the completed mapping for Birmingham on the mappa-mercia website
here:

"http://mappa-mercia.org/gritting-map.shtml?zoom=11&lat=52.48004&lon=-1.8851
7&layers=BT"

BCC prioritises the gritting routes as 1, 2 or 3. Not all councils appear to
provide their priority but basically in Birmingham the priority 1 routes are
principle highways (trunk), most priority 2 are other primary or secondary
routes so it's not too difficult to see a likely priority trend.

With some more snow due in the midlands on Wednesday it's a timely bit of
work. To follow activity subscribe to the
Talk-gb-westmidlands at openstreetmap.org mailing list.

Cheers

Andy