[Talk-GB] Gritting Routes

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:07:41 GMT 2010

In looking at the other areas of the West Mids its clear that the priority
basis is applied differently for different regions/councils. For instance in
Brum most general bus routes are in Priority 3 whereas Wolverhampton states
that bus routes are in Priority 1. As we add stuff we may find that its not
as clear cut as this suggests.

Thus to role this out over the whole UK probably needs a bit more thought.
Those of us in the west mids are happy to be the testing ground again to see
if we can work up a general system but feel free to add other areas with the
data that's available as. Of course if we were to use an alternative
designation to that of the local authority then the public would be left
confused, so probably we need duel tagging, one tag for the local authority
designation and one that broadly standardises the tagging for the whole of
the UK. Then there will be rendering options depending on whether the
interest is UK wide or local.

We also need to deal longer term with HA maintained roads. Probably all of
these are gritted but it needs checking.

Cheers

Andy