[Talk-GB] OS 1:25k update

Nicholas Barnes nick at thebarnesfamily.eu
Wed Jan 20 22:21:47 GMT 2010

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
> The lowzoom for the 1:25k mapping is now up to date again.
<snip>
> http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=6&lat=54.54181&lon=-4.3&layers=00B0

I thought I'd have a go at some tracing and tried to follow the
instructions for setting up the WMS plugin in JOSM from
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_Popular_Edition

This works fine, but shows the old maps... for example, I see this map:

http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=15&lat=52.38716&lon=-1.65077

When I want to see this map:

http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=15&lat=52.38716&lon=-1.65077&layers=00B0

(the only difference being the 'layers' value)

I tried changing the definition of the WMS URL to

"http://ooc.openstreetmap.org/wms/map.php?source=npe&layers=00B0&"

(and various versions of this)

But I still get the old map (or an error message).

I fully appreciate that I'm doing something wrong and completely
misunderstanding how the whole thing works, but... help, please!

Nick.