[Talk-GB] Vanessa at RICS

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Jan 29 13:00:03 GMT 2010

Chris

It was very professional (and yet somehow uninspiring) performance that
didn't address the topic of "The Future of Mapping" in my opinion.

It was all about maps and didn't really include data, which is probably
changing more than output in some ways.

As well as (6?) colleagues from OSM who couldn't get in I have just
heard from a fellow Soc of Cartographers member who couldn't get in.

And he had agreed to write it up for others to get a feel for it.

I did tweet a few personal thoughts during, but shortened stuff as on
phone as wifi didn't work in lecture theatre, although was available in
all of building.

The OSM afters in the pub was good though!

Cheerds

STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Manager of e-Learning Academic Development
Centre for Educational Technology
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk