[Talk-GB] NCN numbering

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Thu Jul 1 09:59:23 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 01:49 -0700, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> I think, ultimately, Sustrans' internal semantics shouldn't really
> concern
> us documenting the system from outside (even those of us who also
> happen to
> be rangers ;) ).

Are the cycle routes representative of what is on the ground, i.e. What
the little signs say, or are they representative of some document
somewhere?

As a cyclist, I'm keen to say I'd find the a representation of what is
on the ground more useful. One of my pet annoyances with maps is when
they don't agree with data on the ground. Imagine trying to find an
obscure cycle route, labelled as RCN on the map with a sign that says
NCN. Its an extra layer of confusion that I've often encountered with
crap (usually foreign) maps.

Cheers,

Henry