[Talk-GB] Fw: Tagging roadside verge SSSIs

Jerry Clough - OSM sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 09:58:33 BST 2010

Sorry, not sent to list.

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jerry Clough - OSM <sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk>
To: Glenn Proctor <glenn at docproc.com>
Sent: Tue, 20 July, 2010 12:41:59
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Tagging roadside verge SSSIs

Verge side nature reserves are not uncommon:
http://www.lifeontheverge.org.uk/naturalarea.php

In most cases they protect flowers, usually orchids, which have been eliminated
from adjoining fields by use of fertiliser or artificial drainage. I know of one
in Nottinghamshire where the council received some 200+ complaints when it was
mown before the Bee Orchids had set seed.

Jerry