[Talk-GB] an estimate of data loss under relicensing

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:45:05 BST 2010

I am quite surprised there are many 'personal' contributors who would want
to refuse to have their data re-licensed - from my personal way of looking
at it the proposed new licence is so similar to the existing cc-by-sa that
it will make negligible difference.

I thought the sticking point was about compatibility of the new licence with
some of our sources of data such as OS OpenData, which is why I got
interested in how much data is derived from OpenData (see separate
thread...) - The attribution requirements for derived works are different
between the existing and proposed licences - the main reason I can see for
refusing the new licence is if it will mean removing data derived from those
sources.

Graham.

On 22 July 2010 19:34, TimSC <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk> wrote:

> On 22/07/10 19:24, Grant Slater wrote:
>
>> On 22 July 2010 18:23, 80n<80n80n at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> There''s also signs that the project is starting to splinter.
>>> Experimental
>>> forks are beginning to appear...
>>>

>> 80n, you were one of the people agitators pushing for a fork.
>>
>> / Grant.
>>

> Then he would know, wouldn't he! :)
>
> TimSC

Dr. Graham Jones