[Talk-GB] an estimate of data loss under relicensing

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 00:05:54 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> already
> >> signed the contributor terms.  If they haven't then it is hard not to
> >> draw
> >> some conclusions about their intentions with our data.
> > Does CloudMade as a corporate body have an existing OSM account?  I doubt
> > it.
> >
> First you ask if CloudMade has signed up to the contributor terms, then you
> say CloudMade doesn't have an OSM account. So how, if they don't have an
> account should they sign up to the contributor terms?!

There's an OSM user called CloudMade, but that user has only ever made one
edit.  http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/CloudMade/edits

Is this the real CloudMade? How can we tell?  And that really is the point.
How can anyone tell whether they can add someone else's work to OSM unless
there's some way of knowing that they've signed the contributor terms.
How's this all supposed to work?

80n