[Talk-GB] Use of OS OpenData in OSM

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Jul 23 21:39:10 BST 2010

Jon Stockill <lists at ...> writes:

>I've been adding
>buildings from streetview, then going out to survey for addresses. If
>the buildings get removed it'd better be done in a way that preserves
>the address data, or we lose the results of a lot of surveying.

You could check with the legal mailing list, but I believe that the addresses
might also need to be removed, since they are still in some sense derived from
the OS data (or at least their position on the map is).

However, I'd expect that if the proposed relicensing goes ahead, some
compromise or rationalization will be found that lets the OS data continue
to be used.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>