[Talk-GB] Bristol - a quick (and surprising?) statistic...

Tim François sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 12:04:13 BST 2010

Good stuff - thanks for the link Ed. ITO suggest that OSM is 65% complete in the City of Bristol, which is almost the same as my 37% incomplete statistic! The discrepancy probably occurs because:
1) I'm using a different algorithm to ITO
2) ITO and my data will not be from the same time
3) My data is not strictly speaking the City of Bristol - there's also parts of South Glos included so that Filton and Bradley Stoke show up in the stats, and I've removed Avonmouth from the bounding box...

I'd also like to echo the statements that I don't think the map is complete if it aligns with the OSL data. However, I use the maps with Navit (for sat-nav), so having the streets and names in there are more important to me than perhaps to others. Each to their own!

How about 'street-complete' for another term? That probably doesn't cut it either....

Tim