[Talk-GB] Looking for places to map?

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:03:15 GMT 2010

Gregory,
I will give you a hand one weekend sometime if you want to have a go at
Darlington.  There is another prilific mapper working on Teesside at the
moment (JoeE I think), who may be willing to help if we contact him.
Graham

On Mar 1, 2010 1:14 PM, "Gregory" <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thinking about this probably the best way to collect this data is to > map
who has there rubbish c...
In the past is has been seriously suggested (and possibly done) that council
boundaries be mapped by looking at the name on the bins. I think I might
have even photographed one or two bins to get house numbers that I couldn't
see on the last house.

Anyway, have you all forgotten this wiki page that was previously used?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Mapping_Priorities
Oh, or is it because your trying to look at larger areas?

It details a scoring system. I used this to create a list of places I could
go to in a day as I start getting bored/done of Durham.
Darlington is still on the top of the UK list. It's only about £5/20min
train journey when I'm back to living in Durham (probably end of September).
Other locations on your map in the area are a bit tricky for me to get to,
but I'd probably be thinking about them anyway at some point. I'd like to
live in the North East side of Durham for enjoyable mapping trips.

--
Gregory
http://www.livingwithdragons.com