[Talk-GB] Kent County Council Highways Gazetteer

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 4 10:15:42 GMT 2010

On 04/03/10 09:51, Trevor Hook wrote:

> C roads are marked as yellow on OS landranger maps.

I don't believe that's true. IIRC the key on such maps claims that the
colouring is determined by the width of the road not any internal local
government classification of it.

> No idea whether c-class road references are nationally unique. It seems
> both plausible and implausible at the same time.

I don't believe they are - in fact each authority has it's own numbering
scheme for such roads. Some just use Cxxx, some use Cxxx and Dxxx, some
use Uxxx and so on.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)