[Talk-GB] Kent County Council Highways Gazetteer

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:26:10 GMT 2010

If this information is available then its useful data within OSM in the same
way that references to gritting routes and customary bus stops are useful.
However, because these things are difficult or impossible to verify on the
ground its doubly important that if they are added to the database they
include appropriate source tagging.

I certainly would not encourage changing the highway= tag just because the
local authority has referenced the road as C, D or U. Just treat the detail
as additional useful information to someone, not necessarily the OSM
rendered map.

Cheers

Andy