[Talk-GB] Pronouncing numbers of UK roads

Fri Mar 5 17:23:16 GMT 2010

On 05/03/2010 17:17, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 05/03/10 16:54, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> A3400 => A three four-hundred
> I would probably say thirty four hundred for that.

It's an interesting question (well, ish). The "three four hundred" is
the most useful road from round these parts up towards Birmingham, and
that's what it's known as round here. Or, sometimes, "the old A34"! But
yes, there's probably no single answer.

 >> B4455 => "the Fosse"
 > Clearly you've mistaken it for the A429 then ;-)

Ah, the 4455 is the _fun_ bit of the Fosse. (Actually the restricted
byway bit is the really fun bit. But I digress.)

cheers
Richard