[Talk-GB] National Cycle Network - filling the gaps

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Mar 8 12:19:30 GMT 2010

On 08/03/10 11:37, David Earl wrote:

> Does anyone know what happens to ncn11 south of Stansted Mountfitchet?
> I mapped it through to there a few months ago and then went back to
> take it further but couldn't find it on the ground. I'd assumed it
> followed the Lea valley maybe via Bishops Stortford and Harlow, but
> the signs just seem to stop at Stansted Mountfitchet station (that's
> the village not the airport).

It can't possibly follow the Lea from Stortford to Harlow... The Stort
maybe, but not the Lea... The Lea Valley is the 1 as far as Hoddesdon
and then the 61 as far as Hertford where the 61 heads off along the Cole
Green Way.

The 1 leaves the Lea somewhere near Rye house and heads over the Harlow
although that part of the route doesn't seem to be fixed yet - my guess
is that the plan is to follow the Stort from where it leaves the Lea
over towards Harlow.

Presumably the 11 diverges from 1 somewhere and goes to Stansted rather
than Cambridge?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)