[Talk-GB] National Cycle Network - filling the gaps

Mon Mar 8 14:46:31 GMT 2010

Gregory wrote:

> On 8 March 2010 02:23, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
>> - *To complete the C2C*: Forest section near Keswick - the one gap in
>> our coverage of the NCN's most popular route!
>>
> The end of the mapped route is marked on the ground by some blood and
> ambulance track marks.

That sounds awfully familiar. My C2C attempt ended in a similar heap
of blood and gristle at the bottom of a hill where I'd spotted the
signpost too late.

One of the reasons to improve OSM's NCN coverage is that future
cyclists can be warned in good time by the map on their Garmin, rather
than having to squint for a little blue sign. :)

cheers
Richard