[Talk-GB] [Talk-transit] NaPTAN - Time for the rest? (Thomas Wood

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 00:06:22 GMT 2010

On 14 March 2010 15:52, Nick Allen <nick.allen.54 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Not only is the NaPTAN data useful for planning journeys, but I've also
> found it useful when mapping -

> if an area of the map contains bus stops
> but no roads then you know it's worth going there for a bike ride!

Because an area with no roads means no traffic, but magical flying buses for
when you get tired and want to take your bike home? ;)

If there are potentially lots of areas, then I'm wondering if there is a way
to visualise these unmapped places. Search for bus stops where no highway=*
within some distance of them? Maybe the distance would be the NaPTAN
accuracy plus a few metres. This would either make a good list, or the bus
stops could be displayed as large red dots on the no-names layer.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com