[Talk-GB] [Talk-transit] NaPTAN - Time for the rest?

Oliver O'Brien mail at oliverobrien.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 13:19:54 GMT 2010

Great idea - I've put together just such a visualisation, have a look at:

http://gibin.geog.ucl.ac.uk/~ollie/lonelybuses/

At z>12 it's generated on-demand so might be a bit slow in places.

I've used 30m as the cut-off distance between the busstops and the
centreline of any kind of highway.

Ollie

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:06:22 -0700
From: Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com>

If there are potentially lots of areas, then I'm wondering if there is a way
to visualise these unmapped places. Search for bus stops where no highway=*
within some distance of them? Maybe the distance would be the NaPTAN
accuracy plus a few metres. This would either make a good list, or the bus
stops could be displayed as large red dots on the no-names layer.