[Talk-GB] Footpath numbering

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 17 20:45:22 GMT 2010

When living in Durham last year I would get the free local paper through the
door and flick straight to the planning notices. If a footpath was closed I
got it's reference number from the description, and sometimes 2-4 other
references. Occasionally I got a road name that I had missed (broken sign
etc.). I was also looking out for construction work that might add a road or
something, although there is a long wait and then I need to go out an survey
it, I kept them in mind.

I never made it to the library to look at old maps or descriptions. I
thought about it, but I'm not sure what library branch I would have to go to
or if it was a special one where you have to request the books. I think my
small local library in London is good for stuff like that (but less
footpaths).

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com