[Talk-GB] [Edinburgh] Road Names

Dair Grant dair at refnum.com
Thu Mar 18 23:14:19 GMT 2010

Hi,

At this week's Edinburgh meet-up we discussed the Council's public road name
list, and how to cross-reference it with OSM to check coverage/identify
missing roads.

Unfortunately the council data is only available as a set of tabular PDFs,
which is hard to do anything useful with, so I've converted them into a
single csv file:

  <http://bit.ly/99py7c>

I won't have time to do anything with it for a while, but have put it up in
case anyone else from Edinburgh wants a go (the script is on github in case
other councils have a similar problem).

Sorry for spamming all of -gb, as this is pretty local to Edinburgh, but
there's no talk-scot and everyone is on talk-gb.

Having said that, we also discussed having a mapping party in/around
Penicuik on April 10th, so for anyone in central Scotland/visiting the area
then I think Bob will be sticking the details for that on the Edinburgh page
on the wiki.

-dair