[Talk-GB] London Underground roundel

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Mar 25 15:03:24 GMT 2010

On 25 March 2010 14:50, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Tom Chance wrote:
>
>> We only do it for public services,
>>

> That is going to be one hell of a definition problem. Isn't London
> Underground run by some kind of public-private-whatever? And you'll
> certainly have to exclude DLR then as they are operated by a private
> company. Oh wait, they are *owned* by TfL so maybe they would qualify... ;-)

No, it should very simple. TfL contract different services out but they
remain public services managed and financed by TfL. We might also use the
National Rail symbol for our train stations, but not FirstGroup, National
Express, etc. for individual services. We wouldn't use a Thames Water logo
for their facilities, nor would we use a particular cab company's logo for
cab ranks.

Tom