[Talk-GB] London Underground roundel

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 16:18:16 GMT 2010

Peter Childs wrote:
> On 25 March 2010 15:03, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:
> I don't think it should be a problem, The standard TFL logo (Red
> Circle with a Blue Line Through the middle) means any part of London
> Public Transport. (That means Underground, Overground, TFL, Buses,
> Croydon Trams, DLR, and I even think we could use it to signify any
> station/stop where an Oyster/Travel Card can be used.
>
> However we may also want to use the Good Old standard British Rail
> Sideways Z for that. (if we can get permission)
>
> However I think we need to use something standard that is the same
> world wide on our main maps so Underground in Washington DC looks the
> same as Paris, London, or Moscow.
>
> Peter.

At one point, Google Maps applied the TfL Underground coloured roundel
to most TfL operated services including trams and overground, they still
do apply it to the overground stations. It goes get particularly
confusing if you're expecting one sort of service, but arrive at another.

They seem to have sorted out the DLR and Tram roundel colours at least..

TfL do keep the colouring of the various services quite distinct, and I
believe that we should follow their lead and do the same. (Provided we
can get copies of the similar roundels for each, which I assume they do
publish officially somewhere on their website).

Thomas