[Talk-GB] London Underground roundel

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:09:28 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> The other question is where do we stop? Do we brand petrol (gas)
> stations (I quite like that)? Cafe chains like Starbucks (perhaps too
> much like advertising, but then knowing on the map that a roadside cafe
> is a Little Chef lets you actively avoid it :-))? Shops with brand=...?
> Also, some logos just don't work at all that small.

the problem would be having lots of symbols (company logos) for one
type of object, rather than one symbol that's easier to recognise.  At
least you don't need to be aware of starbucks' logo to recognise a
cafe in the current map rendering.

Still, nice to know that LU symbol is available if needed. Any idea if
it can be used to represent all metro stations, rather than just those
in London?