[Talk-GB] Surrey air survey

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat May 1 12:31:37 BST 2010

On 30 Apr 2010, at 11:48, Andy Allan wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:23 AM, TimSC <mapping at sheerman-
> chase.org.uk> wrote:
>> But it
>> would be worth checking what strings are attached to the data by the
>> licensing.
>
> Well, the licensing is pretty clear - it's been given to us under the
> ODbL. Anyone feel qualified enough to suggest what that means?
>
> However, the new owners of the imagery gave us it to use for tracing,
> so I'm pretty sure any licensing issues are solvable technicalities,
> so I'd say crack on with using it.

ITO provided some modest financial support to assist with the release
of this data. Our understanding was that the use would be pretty much
un-restricted (it was flown by a company that has ceased to trade).

If ODbL is not suitable (and I am not sure that it is for imagery)
then it might still be possible to adjust the license. What would we
want? Personally I would prefer CC0.

Btw, how does one access the imagery? It there a magic URL that I have
missed; also, does the dataset have a wiki page?

Regards,

Peter