[Talk-GB] Definitive Paths Map Source

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue May 11 12:43:40 BST 2010

Robert Whittaker (OSM Talk GB <robert.whittaker+osm-talk-gb at ...> writes:

>Apparently OS regards the PRoW data as containing IP belonging to the
>local authorities (who maintain the definitive maps), and so were
>unable to release them as part of OpenData.

This is a nicely executed bureaucratic tangle.  It might help to have an
official statement from OS that they are happy to waive their interest in
local authority right-of-way maps even when those maps have been produced
using some OS data.  Then we'd just have to ask each local authority (and
point them to the OS disclaimer).

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>