[Talk-GB] Private roads that are private for maintenance but are publicly accessible

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 13:08:15 BST 2010

access=yes is the general default, and you could probably leave it at
that (ie with no access tag).

access=permissive might be strictly more accurate, though I've never
seen much point to that as a tag (we're a map of the here and now, not
a map of what the owner might do in future)

maybe designation=private or designation=unadopted (not that anyone
will probably do anything with that, it's just a structured note),
though you can't use those if it's also a public right of way
(designation=public_footpath)

Richard