[Talk-GB] Fwd: Map layer with OS Locator comparison from ITO -apostrophes

kevin at cordina.org.uk kevin at cordina.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 12:38:16 GMT 2010

Aren't there two separate issues here:-

1) Disagreements between OS and OSM,

2) Representation of those disagreements in the tools.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that all disagreements in should be ideally resolved.  Ed's suggestion related to the tools such that certain differences weren't flagged to enable us to prioritise tasks.  Entirely missing areas are more important (IMO) than missing apostrophes and I agree it would be useful for my mapping if the ITO layer didn't highlight apostrophe differences.

Kevin