[Talk-GB] ODBL Coverage

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Nov 17 21:49:49 GMT 2010

On 17/11/2010 14:03, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> True - I know a number of mappers who are keen on going out and
> re-surveying the stuff that is "definitely lost" rather than "possibly
> not yet decided", thereby making the map "green" again.

Not sure that a No would make any difference to what you say here. Those
that still ignore either option could still taint any new 'green' data.

And anyway, how can anyone vote No when it's still isn't set in concrete
what we're meant to be voting on?

------------

What is "definitely lost"?

I & others have asked about this & the answers have ranged from complete
silence & "I've no idea" to a "possibly this" or possibly that".

This is from the working group or foundation. Hardly inspiring or
confidence building.

You'd have thought that the people involved in creating this
'improvement'  would have checked how it interacts with the outside
world. From the lack of definitive answers I can only assume that haven't.

How can they ask us to agree to something that they created & yet don't
understand?

Very poor.

Dave F.