[Talk-GB] Footpaths mapping party (Midhurst, W sussex) this Saturday, time and venue confirmed

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 13:11:24 BST 2010

Just a quick update on the Midhurst area footpaths mapping party: it is now almost certain to go ahead, meet at the Old Town Hall Coffee House, Market Square, Midhurst, W Sussex map (12 miles north of Chichester on the A286) at 9.45am this Saturday 16th. From the internet it looks like this venue is good but maybe busy, if it is we may move on, my mobile (nickw) is 07950 347717 so call if you are late and we're not there.

Please sign up on the wiki if you are interested.

Nick

>From the wiki page:

Introduction
============

This is a mapping party to introduce people to the subtleties of footpath mapping, fill a few gaps in a generally well-mapped area, and enjoy some nice countryside!

When
====

Saturday, 16/10/10

Plan
====

There are a few streets in the town that need doing, though the main emphasis will be on filling in the footpaths to the NE and SW of the town, gaps in a generally well-mapped area. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to the South Downs, with an attractive rolling landscape of fields, woods and heaths, so worth coming for the scenery alone, never mind the mapping!

Schedule
========

    * 0945 - 1030 approx Meet, discuss day
    * 1030 - 1800 approx map, possibility of lunch depending on where people go
    * 1800 onwards discuss day, drink, meal