[Talk-GB] SotM 2011 UK? Setting up a GB OSMF chapter?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 08:59:53 BST 2010

-----talk-gb-bounces at openstreetmap.org wrote: -----

To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
From: SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk>
Sent by: talk-gb-bounces at openstreetmap.org
Date: 24/10/2010 11:37PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] SotM 2011 UK? Setting up a GB OSMF chapter?

On 24/10/2010 18:15, Gregory wrote:

>> I hope the mapping passion isn't sliding away from the UK.
>>
>Whether people can get around to organising a conference isn't
>necessarily related to whether they're still keen on mapping or not.
>Maybe the weather this summer was too good?

Is it actually true that less people are mapping UK?
I guess the OS OpenData means less people are out there doing roads, perhaps. The weather was rubbish in August but OK before that, so I doubt it's that, and I personally have done rather less this year for various reasons, but I'm not sure less people are mapping the UK - any stats to back that up?

Nick