[Talk-GB] CT ambivalence (was: SotM 2011 UK? Setting up a GB OSMF chapter?)

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Mon Oct 25 18:07:00 BST 2010

Simon Ward <simon at ...> writes:

>I have a small backlog of data that I have yet to incorporate into OSM
>pending my acceptance of the CTs, which I still can’t bring myself to
>do.  I could submit the data while the new CTs are not yet enforced for
>existing users, but there is a reasonable chance that would be just a
>waste of time.

Whether you support or oppose the CTs is up to you, but please don't feel that it
is a waste of time to contribute to the project as it stands now.  Myself, I
reckon it very unlikely that a great purge of contributors and contributions
will happen - its presence in the plan is more a way to encourage people to
tick the box.

If you do not support the CTs and licence change driven by the OSMF then please
don't silently drop out of the project; I urge you to keep contributing and make
your voice heard.  You can always change your mind at a later date.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>