[Talk-GB] CT ambivalence (was: SotM 2011 UK? Setting up a GB OSMF chapter?)

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:02:39 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> Simon Ward <simon at ...> writes:
>
> >I have a small backlog of data that I have yet to incorporate into OSM
> >pending my acceptance of the CTs, which I still can’t bring myself to
> >do.  I could submit the data while the new CTs are not yet enforced for
> >existing users, but there is a reasonable chance that would be just a
> >waste of time.

Simon, I sympathise with your reluctance, however I would urge you to submit
your contributions.  No doing so is just compounding the damage that the
license change process is already inflicting.

You should be reassured that whatever happens your contributions will not be
a waste of time.  If the license change does happen then there will be
always be an active CC-BY-SA licensed alternative.  The full CC-BY-SA
dataset will be available and will continue to accept contributions.  Your
contributions will be in that database, they will not go to waste.

80n