[Talk-GB] Visualising speed limits

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 30 01:40:29 BST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:22 +0100, "thomas van der veen"
<th.vanderveen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has someone actually done something like this already? Or does someone
> would
> like to join me and making a custom version of a map renderer that can do
> this? should be relative simple, just looking for a couple of tags and
> assign a colour accordingly. I have started looking at the Perl SVG
> converter (couldn't get any of the XSLT converter produce proper SVG),
> but it is a big beast.

One option:
Use JOSM, and download the area you are interested in, and use a JOSM
map style that highlights things with different speed limits in
different colours
See for instructions: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles
Note there are separate map styles for default maxspeed (kmh) and mph
maxspeeds.

I find this is very useful while editing, as you can easily see how
complete maxspeeds are for an area, and if there's any gaps etc.

Craig
--
  Craig Wallace
  craigw84 at fastmail.fm