[Talk-GB] Dorset/Wilts county boundary wrong...is there adefinitive source?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Tue Sep 7 19:46:31 BST 2010

Steve wrote:

> I think OS OpenData has a boundary data set. It would seem to

> be a prime

> candidate for a bulk import.

No, please, no.

At least not without someone manually checking every parish boundary
in case it is already in. The Norfolk ones are there but missing the
admin_level tag on the ways so appear at rather low zoom levels[1];
where I've started creating the district boundary relations (South
Norfolk so far) adding the admin_level to the ways as I go, the
lines are starting to disappear to only show at higher zooms (not
helped by me using administrative_level=10 rather than
admin_level=10 at first 'cos it's been a while since I worked on
boundaries).

Ed

[1] http://osm.org/go/0ETlj4--