[Talk-GB] Dorset/Wilts county boundary wrong...is there adefinitive source?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:07:39 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Kevin Peat <kevin at kevinpeat.com> wrote:

> Until the issue of whether the OS datasets can be used under the new
> license/CT is resolved it seems a bit pointless doing anything like this
> whatever the merits might be.

The OS datasets are compatible with OSM as it stands at the moment.
Worrying about future incompatibilities that may or may not happen is not
helpful to the project.

You shouldn't let uncertainty about the license stop you from doing this,
although there may be other good reasons not to do it, license doubts should
not be one of them.

It might be worth providing an easy way for people to import boundaries on a
local basis.  They can then care for it and clean up any issues.

> Especially as deleting the existing boundaries and replacing them with OS
> data would break the history chain and must (I assume) make reverting to the
> previous boundaries more difficult should it become necessary.

Apparently somebody is working on clever software that will be able to sort
this kind of thing out quite seamlessly.